Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thoughts for week 2

This reminds me of an exercise where the first instruction is to read all the instructions first. It was only after creating my blog & first post that I read on & discovered further questions to be answered/discussed. Personally I love the idea of lifelong learning - I believe that we all continue learning through life both officially through traditional channels such as university or simply through life experiences. It would be dreadful to think that all the knowledge we have at this point in time is it. That is one of the things I enjoy most about my work - I am constantly learning something new - you never know what question will be next through the door!

I have checked out the other blogs mentioned in Learning 2.0. They look quite professional but it is interesting that there are very few if any postings/comments attached to them. They do demonstrate various uses for blogs in a library environment but I would hope to elicit more responses to justify the time involved in creating a blog. I have taken this course with a mind to setting up a blog for teens at our library.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I was at the hyperlinked presentation last week where Michael Stephens discussed briefly how we measure the value of our blogs...his main point was to measure output against the amount of resources you are required to put into it.....I feel like blogs offer the opprotunity to do a lot with a little?

Leanne